Easy Pineapple Cake Mix Cookies
Soft Pineapple Cookies are another great example of the versatility of cake mix cookie recipes.
My Mom used to make pineapple cookies from scratch when I was growing up and I loved them.
This recipe for pineapple cookies provides all the delicious goodness of those from scratch cookies in an easy to make cake mix cookie recipe.
Pineapple Cake Mix Cookies are more like little cakes than traditional crisp or chewy cookies, because of the moisture from the pineapple.
With just five ingredients these soft pineapple cookies are quick and easy to make!
Most people who taste these cookies immediately fall in love with them and will never guess they begin with a cake mix.
You can enjoy these soft and luscious pineapple cookies plain or drizzle them with a simple confectioner's sugar icing.
Soft Pineapple Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
For the cookies:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow or spice cake mix
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, optional
For the icing:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of liquid (any remaining pineapple juice, milk, and/or lemon juice)
To make the pineapple cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. For best results, line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Alternatively lightly spray the cookie sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat half the dry cake mix, pineapple, 2 tablespoons of the reserved juice, oil, and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining cake mix (and coconut and nuts if using) with a wooden spoon, just until combined.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle the cookies with coconut and/or chopped macadamia nuts, if using, pressing them in gently so they adhere to the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or just until the edges are set but the centers are still soft and just barely set when gently pressed with your fingertip.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the icing:
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar and liquid until it is a good consistency for drizzling.
To ice the pineapple cookies:
- Drizzle cooled cookies with icing.
Place cookies in an airtight container, separating each layer with wax paper. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe yields about 3 1/2 dozen soft Pineapple Cake Mix Cookies
Cake Mix Cookies: More Than 175 Delectable Cookie Recipes That Begin With a Box of Cake Mix by Camilla V. Saulsbury
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Applesauce Cake Mix Cookies
- Chai Cake Mix Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Soft Pineapple Cookies
- Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- M&M Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: