Soft Pineapple Cookies
This Soft Pineapple Cookie Recipe is an old family favorite that has been around for years.
Mom made them the first time when I was just a kid and I have no idea where she got the recipe.
I will try to remember to ask her about this pineapple cookie recipe source the next talk to her.
If you like moist, soft, cake-like cookies you are going to love these cookies.
If you prefer crisp, chewy cookies these may not be a good choice since they are definitely more like little cakes than traditional crisp or chewy cookies.
Soft pineapple cookies are quick, easy, and made with everyday pantry staples. Most people who taste these cookies immediately fall in love with them!
You can enjoy these soft and luscious cookies plain or drizzle them with a simple glaze of confectioner's sugar and reserved pineapple juice.
Soft Pineapple Cookies Recipe
For the cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved for the icing
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice
To make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. For best results, line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Alternatively lightly spray the cookie sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the shortening and sugar together until light and fluffy, several minutes. Stop and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula if necessary.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until creamy and well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Add the well-drained pineapple and mix well.
- Beat in the flour mixture with the mixer on medium low speed or by hand with a wooden spoon, just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies are set and bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle cooled cookies with icing.
To make the icing:
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the confectioner's sugar and pineapple juice until it is a good consistency for drizzling.
To ice the cookies:
- Drizzle cookies with cooled icing.
- Place cookies in an airtight container, separating each layer with wax paper. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen Soft Pineapple Cookies.
Pineapple Cookie Recipe Variation
- Soft Pineapple Coconut Cookies:
Stir 1 cup lightly toasted coconut into the cookie dough.
- Soft Tropical Cookies:
Stir 1 cup lightly toasted coconut and 1/2 cup lightly toasted chopped macadamia nuts into cookie dough.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Soft Ricotta Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Spice Cookies
- Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- Coconut Date Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies:
Back from Pineapple Cookies to Drop Cookie Recipes