Recipes for Rocky Road Cookies
Not only for ice cream, the amazing Rocky Road flavor combinations also work well in these delicious cookie recipes.
How can you go wrong with chocolate, marshmallow and peanuts all rolled up in the form of a cookie?
Try one of thess easy drop cookie recipes today and enjoy by itself or make your own homemade ice cream sandwiches with vanilla, chocolate or even Rocky Road Ice Cream sandwiched between two Rocky Road cookies - you're very Rocky Road double-decker delight!
Rocky Road Cookies Recipe
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Grease cookie sheet or line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and beat until blended. Stir in the currants, peanuts, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave the oven on.
- Lightly press 1 or 2 marshmallows into center of each cookie and return to oven and bake for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool and sheets for 2 minutes and then remove cookies from sheet and place on wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes about 30 Rocky Road Cookies
Fudgy Rocky Road Cookie Recipe
Be sure to plan ahead because this cookie dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 8 hours before baking.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add chopped chocolate and vegetable oil to a saucepan and stir continuously over low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat and stir in sugar.
- Add the eggs to the melted chocolate mixture, one-at-a-time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the dry flour mixture and beat well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and toasted almonds until distributed throughout.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (but no longer than 3 days).
- When ready to bake cookies, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoons, drop the dough onto prepared cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place 3 or 4 mini marshmallows on each cookie. Return cookies to oven and bake an additional 3 minutes, or until cookies are set and marshmallows just starting to melt.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on sheets for one minute before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe makes about 48 Fudgy Rocky Road Cookies
More Easy Cookie Recipes with Brown Sugar
- Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Tollhouse Original Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies Recipes
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies Recipe
- Recipe for Brown Sugar Brownies
- Easy Homemade Date Squares Recipe
- Amish Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Easy Applesauce Cookies Recipe
- Macadamia Butter Cookies Recipe
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate M&M Cookies Recipes
- Fresh Cranberry Cookies
- Sour Cream Cookies with Brown Sugar
- Blueberry and Maple Granola Bars
- Healthy Homemade Granola Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Yogurt
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cream Cheese
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cranberry Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cranberry Bars
- Simple Gingerbread Cookies
- Double Crust Apple Pie Squares
- White Chocolate Chip Brandied Cranbery Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: