Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is for those of you who prefer your chocolate chip cookies soft and that are more like a little cake than a cookie.
Recipes for chocolate chip cookies are everywhere, but Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes are much less common. That doesn't make them any less delicious.
Like many drop cookie recipes, soft chocolate chip cookies are fun to make with kids. They will have fun mixing the dough and licking the spoon used to stir the optional sour cream fudge frosting.
You are instructed to drop the chocolate chip cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto your cookie sheets. To make this quick and easy, with perfect evenly size cookies every time, try a medium cookie scoop.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
It's best to use miniature semisweet chocolate chip cookies in this recipe as directed.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stop once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and then the vanilla beating until smooth.
- Scrape down the bowl again to make sure everything is well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the sour cream and ending with flour mixing just until incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons (or cookie scoop) onto lined cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or just until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 36 Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sour Cream Frosting For Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you want to make your chocolate chip cookies extra special, ice them with this luscious sour cream fudge frosting.
Sour Cream Fudge Frosting Recipe
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- To melt the chocolate, place it in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 second increments, stirring after each 20 seconds until melted.
- Let it cool slightly so it doesn't melt the sour cream when you add it.
- Stir in the sour cream and keep stirring until the frosting thickens to a creamy, spreadable consistency.
- Frost the cooled cookies.
Note: Unfrosted cookies will keep for one week in an airtight container at room temperature. Frosted cookies are best eaten the same day.
Recipe source: This great chocolate chip cookies recipe is adapted from A Baker's Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies by Dede Wilson.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Toffee Chunk Brownie Cookies
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Frosted Cranberry Orange Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: