If you are a fan of chocolate turtles candies, you may find it hard to avoid the temptation for caramel brownies.
The flavor and texture combination is one we find hard to resist.
This chocolate brownies recipe is rich, chewy, crunchy, salty, and sweet - a fudgy chocolate brownie topped with chocolate, caramel, and pecans.
You will love how easy these turtle brownies are to make too.
Just stir the ingredients together in the same pot used to melt the chocolate and butter, spread the batter into a pan and bake.
The caramel topping couldn't be easier either - simply melt caramels and milk together in the microwave.
This brownies recipe makes a big batch, so you will have plenty for serving and sharing.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for several days if they last that long!
Turtle Brownies Recipe
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease an 9X13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Alternatively, microwave the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl using 10 to 20 second intervals of 100% power, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs.
- Add the flour, sugar, vanilla, and baking soda and stir until well blended.
- Spread the chocolate brownie batter evenly into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out with slightly sticky crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and let brownies cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, microwave the caramels and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl on High power for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave at 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the brownies while they are still warm.
- Cool completely in the baking pan on a wire rack.
- Cut your Turtle Brownies into desired size and shape - we especially enjoy these as bite-size brownies.
This recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan of Chocolate Turtle Brownies.
More Brownie Recipes You Might Like
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies:
Back from Turtle Brownies to Brownies Recipes