Betty Crocker's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
It's hard to argue with Betty Crocker when it comes to baking.
It is a well-known All-American brand that was first developed and marketed to consumers around 1921, so she's withstood the test of time.
Be sure to keep reading to see some of our favorite variations for creating your very own unique chocolate chip cookie creations.
This cookie recipe for what Betty Crocker calls, "The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie", comes from the Betty Crocker Cookie Book
It's a great collection of favorite tried-and-true cookie recipes for everything from easy drop cookie classics to sophisticated treats.
This recipe for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies is a definite winner!
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts, if desired
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Alternatively use ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer (or with a wooden spoon) until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. (The dough will be thick and stiff.)
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- For each cookie, scoop up dough with a 1/4-cup dry-ingredient measuring cup. With the back of a knife or metal spatula, level the dough even with the top of the cup.
- Push the dough onto the cookie sheets with a spoon or rubber spatula, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies slightly with a fork.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven until the cookies are light brown with still soft centers, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheets and then transfer the cookies with a thin metal spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cool the baking sheets thoroughly (about 10 minutes) between batches.
This recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen large Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Variations
- M&M Candy Cookies:
Substitute 4 cups M&M candy coated chocolate candies for the chocolate chips.
- 4 Chip Cookies:
Use 1 cup each semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, vanilla (white) chips, and butterscotch chips in place of 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips.
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
Press dough into 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and cool in pan on a cooling rack.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Butterscotch Potato Chip Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: