Walnut Pie Bars
Looking for an alternative to pecan pie bars?
If you like walnuts, we think you'll quickly fall for this easy recipe for Walnut Pie Bars.
And, it's made extra special with the addition of chocolate chips.
Made with a basic crust layer that is topped with a filling of sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips and walnuts, it's easy to see how this tasty and chewy cookie bar compares to more traditional pecan pie.
But if you're like us and sometimes just don't want pecans, you can easily whip up a batch of these bars and share with friends and family alike.
Don't miss all the flavors and tastes of a favorite pie in this easy-to-eat bar cookie form.
If these bars aren't what you're looking for, you might be interested in this recipe for Toffee Walnut Triangles.
Walnut Pie Bars Recipe
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
For the Filling:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare the Crust:
In a small mixing bowl, beat flour, 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Press dough into bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Prepare the Filling:
In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Pour filling over hot crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack.
- Cut bars into desired size and shape.
This recipe makes one 13x9-inch pan of Walnut Pie Bars
More Great Cookie Bar Recipes
- Apple Pie Squares
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars
- Chocolate Cherry Walnut Bars
- Chocolate Chip Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Squares
- Cranberry Bars
- Cranberry Orange Squares
- Date Squares
- Fudge Filled Walnut Oatmeal Bars
- German Chocolate Bars
- Grandma's Lemon Squares Recipe
- Limoncello Cheesecake Bars
- Macadamia Coconut Lemon Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Malted Mocha Cookie Bars
- Nana's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Caramel Bars
- Peanut Brittle Bars
- Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Revel Bars
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
- Raspberry Squares
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies:
Back from Walnut Pie Bars to Bar Cookie Recipes