Chocolate Amaretto Bars
Looking for an amazing dessert that your guests will think took hours to prepare?
Look no further than these Chocolate Amaretto Bars.
Chocolate and almond join together perfectly in this easy cookie bar recipe.
If you're not a fan of Amaretto, you can easily substitute almond extract and keep the same amazing flavors intact.
The most popular brand of Amaretto is Disaronno.
This Italian liqueur is actually made from a base of apricots and or almond pits, not almonds as most people assume based on the flavor.
The taste of Amaretto is actually slightly bitter, but since it is sweetened it is quite pleasant to drink.
But again, if you prefer you can always substitute regular almond extract and achieve the same result with these cookie bars.
Chocolate Amaretto Bars Recipe
- 3 cups all-purposde flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups (about 7 ounces) sliced almonds
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- For Crust:
In a large bowl, beat flour, 1 cup butter, and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Press mixutre into prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Filling:
In a medium bowl, beat eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, liqueur or almond extract, melted butter and cornstarch with a wire whisk.
- Stir in almonds and 1 2/3 cups chocolate morsels.
- Pour and spread filling over hot crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- If desired, top with Chocolate Drizzle.
- Chill for 5 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- Cut bars into desired size and shape.
- Chocolate Drizzle:
Place remaining chocolate morsels in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on High (100% power) for 45 seconds. Knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag and squeeze to drizzle chocolate over bars.
This recipe makes about 2 1/2 dozen Chocolate Amaretto Bars.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate Oatmeal Bars with crushed Heath Bars
- Coconut Candy Bars
- Granola Bar Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares
- Fudge Filled Walnut Oatmeal Bars
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: