Chocolate Caramel Twix Bars
Twix candy bars were first released in the U.S. around 1979 and I can still remember loving it the first time I tasted it.
I mean what's not to like (or love) about a crispy, crunchy shortbread cookie topped with chewy caramel and coated in chocolate!
I never really understood the peanut butter version of Twix - but don't get me wrong, I love chocolate with my peanut butter as much as the next person.
But I guess with some things I am a traditionalist at heart, and for me, a real Twix will always be cookie, caramel and chocolate.
If you'd like to make your own Chocolate Caramel Twix Bars at home, this is one recipe you can't resist.
Give it a try today, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Here's another easy homemade Twix Cookie Bar recipe with only 5 ingredients:
Chocolate Caramel Twix Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Prepare the cookie crust:
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and flour until well mixed. Press into bottom of 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool pan on wire rack.
- Prepare the caramel filling:
Meanwhile, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk in a heavy medium-size saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture evenly over baked crust.
- Preapre the chocolate topping:
In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, then pour melted chocolate over caramel layer.
- Allow pan to cool completely before cutting into bars.
This recipe makes about 24 bite-sized Chocolate Caramel Twix Bars.
You Might Also Like:
- Caramel Rocky Road Bars
- Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Bars
- Oatmeal Caramel Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars
- Chocolate Oatmeal Bars with crushed Heath Bars
Helpful Baking Supplies: