Satin Chocolate Cookie Bars
If you love cookie bars and chocolate you owe it to yourself to try these luscious Satin Chocolate Bar Cookies.
A silky smooth layer of chocolate tops a delicious brown sugar oatmeal cookie crust which is then sprinkled with additional cookie crumbs.
Think rich, chewy, very sweet and decadent!
These layered chocolate cookie bars are easy to make, yet festive enough for holidays, parties, gifts, and/or special gatherings.
Satin Chocolate Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats, uncooked (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (must be milk chocolate, do not substitute)
- 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 10 x 15-inch baking pan with shortening or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, oats and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the 1 cup of butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, making sure they are mixed in well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if necessary to make sure all ingredients are well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In a small saucepan melt the 1/2 cup butter over low heat.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and keep stirring constantly until the mixture becomes smooth and satiny.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust crumbs over top of filling and press them down gently.
- Bake 30 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and place the pan of cookie bars on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Allow to completely cool and set, several hours or overnight.
- Cut into desired shape and size cookie bars. Since these cookie bars are so sweet, I think small pieces are best.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate Oatmeal Bars with crushed Heath Bars
- Fudge Filled Walnut Oatmeal Bars
- Coconut Candy Bars
- PB&J Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
Helpful Brownie Baking Supplies: