Coconut Candy Bars
As the popular Almond Joy and Mounds candy bar slogan goes, "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't."
If you love toasted almonds, coconut and chocolate, then you're sure to love this easy cookie bar recipe for Coconut Candy Bars.
Built on a graham cracker crumb base and layered with flaked coconut and toasted almonds, then topped with melted chocolate, it's hard to go wrong with these treats.
Prep time is only about 30 minutes and bake time is about 22 minutes, so in under an hour, you can easily prepare these homemade bars.
Perfect for a pot luck, after school snack or a school bake sale - make them once and we bet you'll be asked to make them again and again.
Cut your bars big or small - either way we bet they won't last long!
Coconut Candy Bars Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 22 minutes
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 14-ounce package flaked coconut
- 1 14-ounce can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 18 ounces dark chocolate pieces, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- For crust, place graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup almonds, and brown sugar in food processor and process until almonds are finely chopped.
- Add butter then pulse until mixture is well combined.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together the coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- Spread mixture evenly over baked crust.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup almonds evenly over coconut layer and then bake for 10 minutes.
- Place dark chocolate pieces in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% power about 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth - stir once or twice.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over top layer of almonds and coconut.
- Set pan on wire rack to cool completely or chill pan in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Cut bars into into desired size and shape.
- Store bars in an airtight container in a single layer and refirgerate up to one week or freeze up to 3 months.
This recipe makes about 36 Coconut Candy Bars.
You Might Also Like:
- Fudge Filled Walnut Oatmeal Bars
- Nana's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Oatmeal Bars with crushed Heath Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Revel Bars
Helpful Brownie Baking Supplies: